The MoneyU Offer for Schools and Colleges
We are pleased to offer MoneyU in volume to schools and colleges for a fee of $20/student.
Here’s what you get for this fee:
- Student access to the MoneyU 2.3 course through the end of the year. Students may begin the course at anytime and take as long as they wish to complete the course, as long as it happens before then. Even after students complete the course they will have access to MoneyUs widgets, calculators and reference.
- One administrator login for the MoneyU program coordinator. This will allow teacher privileges and access to the course. You will also have access to reports on student enrollment, pre and post test scores , progress through the course, and student feedback survey responses.
How will the sign-up process work?
For a school to be automatically eligible the MoneyU program coordinator will have an email address with a .k12 or .edu extension. This email will be verified upon registration. Here are the steps the administrator will follow:
- Complete the registration, including all information requested
- Reply to the verification email by clicking on the url provided
- The url will take you to a purchase page where you’ll tell us how many students you are paying for, how many group codes (more later) you want and how you will be paying
- If you pay by credit card your order will be processed immediately and by email you’ll receive the group codes you requested, together with Student Quickstart Guide and an Administrator Quickstart Guide
- If you are paying by check you’ll be given an order number and an address to which to mail the check. Once payment is received you will receive by email the group codes requested and the Quickstart guides
What if our school doesn’t have .k12 or .edu email addresses?
To be eligible, your school must be a degree-granting secondary or post-secondary institution. Complete the institutional registration form and we’ll manually confirm your school’s eligibility. We’ll send you an email with our determination and get you started. Depending on volume, this process could take several days.
What is a group code?
The school has a total number of seats for which it pays the fee. Group codes are used to identify your school. They are also used to reduce the number of seats available by each person who uses them to register and enroll. Finally, each group is a virtual “class” for reporting purposes. To make it easier for you to distribute and control the use of those seats, and to make reporting manageable, you may wish to have more than one group code.
Who controls the seats my school has available?
You do through your distribution of group code(s) to your students. You can use the reports to determine if unauthorized people have gotten access to, and are using your group codes. MoneyU and Griffin Enterprises will not be responsible for such unauthorized use, although we’ll try to help if there is a problem.